6th PCL owners agree not to expand the league beyond four teams—San Francisco, Los Angeles, Portland and Oakland—the same teams they had in 1907. In 1906 Fresno and Seattle also had franchises. In 1909 the PCL will return to six teams with the additions of Sacramento and Vernon, a suburb of Los Angeles.
9th Frank Navin is named president of the Detroit club. Bennett Field will be renamed Navin Field.